Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pattern Play: Stripes on Stripes

Hello again!

Well, this week has had crazy temperature drops and jumps. Monday was gorgeous, then Tuesday-Friday were awful because we had a 20 or so degree drop in temperature, and then we were back up to the 50s yesterday and today I'm in shorts. But, do not worry, tomorrow the temperature will be in the 20s, again. Oh, global warming, thank you for making temperatures extreme.

Fortunately, with the weather being lovely yesterday, I got to go for a bike ride and take pictures outdoors. As promised, I am trying to wear more accessories. I am still new to this so I have an intense fear of over-accessorizing. That means I put on a necklace, two bracelets, and a hair bow, then promptly took everything off except the leaf necklace. So I may have failed at being adventurous with accessories, but I tried to be adventurous with my prints; I tried mixing stripes on stripes. Here's how it turned out!



This is a charming building/alley way/trail where we stopped to take pictures and where a couple walking by thought my boyfriend was proposing because we were taking photos. Nope. Definitely not.


Pardon my dirty shoes. I wear these quite a lot.



If you noticed, these pictures are a better quality than normal, and this is the only photo with a filter. I finally got a new phone and the camera is significantly better than the one on my last phone and I wanted to play with its awesome filters/editing tools that come preset on the phone.

In this outfit: Plaid shirt: Goodwill (previously seen: here; similar: here), Striped shirt: Forever 21 (old; similar: here, here, and here), Jeans: Kohl's (probably these or these), Necklace: Charming Charlie's (old; similar here, Etsy has hundreds of leaf necklaces to choose from), Shoes: Maude (here).

I hope you have had an awesome weekend!

1 comment: