Sunday, January 5, 2014

Winter Break Boredom

I am rarely bored. Honestly, I spend so much time going to class, doing homework, and studying that I often find that there are not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything, let alone be bored. That means when I have a moment to do nothing and be "bored," I take it. This probably sounds strange, but when I am mindlessly watching TV or scrolling through who knows how many random pages on the internet and I think, "I'm bored," I actually smile. That means I have had a long enough break so I can get back to work, whether that means researching/reading psychology articles or considering cleaning my apartment (I would like to say that I am the kind of person that "sweeps problems under the rug," but even that is more cleaning than I typically get around to during a busy semester).

The problem with this winter break is that I am bored with the clothes I packed with me for my vacation here at my parents' house. Just as my apartment is rarely, if ever, clean, my clothes are washed as infrequently as humanly possible. Essentially, I will be on my last pair of underwear before doing laundry. That means I do not repeat outfits that often because they are all dirty on my floor until I get around to washing everything. I was at the point of desperately needing to clean my clothes when I packed. So as I took clothes out of the dryer, I either threw them on my bed or in a bag to bring home (I am dreading coming home to that, but I will worry about it later).

The clothes I packed were mostly all button down shirts. Do not get me wrong, I love button down shirts (especially, if they are from the 80s or 90s). However, wearing them almost every day for two weeks is too much. So I spent one day this week trying to make one of my fantastic patterned shirts fun again by taking a whole bunch of pictures to share! Enjoy!


 









Shirt: Goodwill; Jeans: Kohl's.

See you next week!
Or, if you really cannot wait, you can check out my Instagram, gallivantingingoodwill, for daily pictures!

Oh, and happy new year! If you want to make 2014 your most fashionable year yet, you should check out http://www.helloluvvy.com/2014/01/03/fashionable-new-years-resolutions/ for Fashionable New Year's Resolutions. I am a huge fan of Hello Luvvy and think everyone should check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment